Wednesday, June 5, 2013

(Diana) I Thought I Got a Good Deal on This . . .

As you know, Bob and I love to go to Thrift Shops.  While we were at the Goodwill yesterday, Bob found this Brother Sewing and Quilting Machine, new in the box, tucked in a corner of the front of the store.  It was $99.00, so we bought it.  Our daughter has one just like it and says we got a good deal as they run about $190.00 at WalMart.  I really don't need another sewing machine as I have six now, but I just couldn't pass up the good deal.  I suspect many women would be afraid to buy a machine like this from Goodwill, but it seemed to be ok to me.  All the parts were there sealed in their original packaging,  so we knew it had never been plugged in and must be new.  I think we were lucky to get it.  I like the fact that it is light weight and will be easy for me to carry into the free motion quilting class my daughter is teaching this weekend. Anyways, I thought I would tell about it here in our blog. --Diana

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sure was a good deal for you....gonna have to build a shed just for sewing machines now !

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

Yep, you got a deal! Here's a link to the machine new from Walmart - same model as this...

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Brother-100-Stitch-Computerized-Sewing-Machine-with-Alphabet-Font-SQ9050/17039056