Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A Shelf for Joel...

A friend of mine asked me if I could make him a small shelf in the shape of the Chevrolet Bow Tie Logo and this is what I came up with for him. He said he would paint it if I made it, so it is shown here unpainted. It is just big enough for him to put a few Matchbox cars on the level areas. I had fun making it for him, but the angles to cut the wood were really difficult to figure out. He wants me to make a few more things for him and I will post them when I have them completd.

4 comments:

Elaine said...

That would something great for a young boys room, make one of all the cars you can think of......Sister E.

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

Hey Dad, that looks awesome! Totally not what I expected when you told me what you'd made, but still it's cool!!!! I think you are really awesome at making this stuff Dad.

Hey, once I get my barn all painted and flowers growing in front, you should post a picture! You made it!!! :)

Oh and I'd love to see some pictures of the plants you've sown! :)

Metalman said...

Hi Bob,
I love your blog,keep up the good work. I bet you never thought you would get a view from Ireland.
I have some tips for you on making those mitre angle cut.
I would be happy to share them with you if you want.

HOPE said...

Yes..what a GREAT ides for BOYS rooms!!!

How 'bout airplane shelves etc.


NICE

HOPE