Sunday, March 29, 2009

Something Different . . .


I had some difficulty getting a photo of this bench. Since it is black, the details tend to disappear. The style is a little different than I have done for this piece in the past, but I think it turned out kind of nice. I am trying to concentrate more on the overall design of the decoration than on technically perfect painting. The idea for this came to me in a dream. I decided not to cover the whole piece in leaves, but just do a couple selected areas. The design seemed to need the black spaces.

3 comments:

Elaine said...

I really like this, it is just enough design and very eye catching....Sister E.

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

Oh that is very IN Dad!!!! I could see a lot of people wanting to own this one! Love it!!!

Garden Lily said...

Wow, that is a very striking design, and nice balance between the white and black. I like it.