Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Flowers are in my future . . .

Well, I have returned to making boxes with flowers on them.  I sure change alot, don't I?  I tried making some more boxes covered with fabric, but I just didn't think they looked very good. . . especially when one of the ladies at a Wellness Center where I put the boxes out to sell  told me they didn't look up to my usual high quality. I threw the boxes away (saving the hardware of course).  So much for making fabric covered boxes.  What I did next was to analyze what types of boxes I have sold the most of over the past year, and boxes with flowers on them won hands down.  So . . .  I am making more "flower boxes".  I made the box pictured above yesterday and today to get me back in the swing of things.  I don't think it turned out too bad, do you? Earlier this year I made two larger boxes with this theme on them and sold both of them, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to make some more of them.  Time will tell, though.  I listed the box in my Etsy Shop and hope to sell it soon.  I am only asking $25 for it which I think is a reasonable price considering how much work went into making it.  I am working on a blue box about the same size that I am thinking about putting Morning Glories on.  But that may change, as I do alot of stuff on the spur of the moment without alot of planning.  I will post a photo of it when it is done in a day or two.

1 comment:

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

Your box is gorgeous Dad! I would love to see some "in progress" pictures. Shows how unique they are and gives people an idea of all the time you put into it!

GREAT JOB! $25 is a STEAL!