Monday, July 15, 2013

(Bob) New Folk Art and a New Table Saw . . .

Continuing with my current passion for Folk Art, I made the box pictured above the other day and painted it up.  It is a fairly large box measuring about 8" x 11" around the top.  The design is my original creation, featuring a couple fanciful birds and some fruit. I painted a checkerboard design around the bottom edge of the outside which finishes it off, but it is not visible in the photo.  I don't think I will put this box up for sale on Etsy, but save it for a craft show.  (Click on the photo to see a larger version.)
I also painted up two small boxes with Roosters on them.  See the photo above.  One of them I made for an order I got, and the other one I am adding to my stock for Craft Shows.  I am not putting this one up for sale on Etsy either. (As I've said before, I don't have good luck selling stuff on Etsy.)
Last, but not least, I finally got a new table saw.  My old one (a Craftsman) finally gave up the ghost the other day after about 16 years of use and I sold it for scrap.  My new saw is a bit smaller (a Porter-Cable) and is portable. It is a contractor saw that is easily set up at work sites. It was $299 in cost and I bought it at Lowe's.  I find it perfect for my garage workshop. The adjustments on it are much easier to use than the Craftsman saw and I really like it. --Bob

1 comment:

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

I love everything Dad - where's the lighthouse??? Emma JUST went down for bed and I'm looking...