Monday, May 13, 2013

It Took Me Awhile to Value Scrap Pine Wood . . .

When I was younger I used to throw scraps of wood like this away.  Of course that almost gave my Dad a heart attack on more than one occasion.  He was the type who would sort through the garbage to make sure no one was throwing anything useable away. Not long ago I sold 20 boxes of wood scraps like this to a guy who wanted to burn them in his wood stove.  Yikes!!!   What was I thinking?  Today I am not so wasteful.  You can make all kinds of useful and sellable things from scraps like these. I read on my daughter's blog how she has a "scrappy" collection of fabric pieces and uses them to make scrappy quilts.  Well, these wood remnants are my "scrappy" wood collection. A few months ago I cut out a bunch of little butterflies out of some scraps, painted them up, and attached a loop of fishing wire to each with hot glue so you could hang them up.  I took them to a Center we belong to and sold them all out at $3.00 each.  I guess I'm a slow learner.  I shudder when I think of all the good scrappy I threw away over the years. I've had other little ideas and I'll post them when I think of them.--Bob

1 comment:

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

I am quite thrifty these days out of necessity so I understand how you feel! Great way to use up scrap wood!