Monday, May 20, 2013

These Tiles Screamed at Me to Buy Them . . .

If you are like me, you probably go to Goodwill and other Thrift Shops looking for things you can use to make sellable or usable stuff.   I ran across a stack of these ceramic tiles the other day at Goodwill and could hardly pass them up they were so cheap.  They originally wanted 50 cents each, but they were on sale for half price.  On top of that I got a 10% Senior Citizen discount making the total purchase price about 22-1/2 Cents apiece. Too cheap to pass up.  I don't know for sure yet what I am going to use them for, but thought maybe I'd put some on the top of a small table or maybe make one big table to accommodate all 8 of them.  They measure 7-3/4" by 7-3/4" square and are a nice neutral color. Which reminds me . . . last Fall my son-in-law and I went to an auction and I bought a whole box of the 4" tiles for a Doller. There must have been 100 tiles in the box.  My son-in-law said to put a saying on each one, attach a ribbon to hang it up, and sell them for $1 each at craft fairs.  I tried doing that, but honestly, couldn't think of that many sayings and kind of got bored with it.  I ended up giving them away to a family member and lord knows where they are now.  I hope I don't end up doing something like that with these. --Bob

No comments: