Thursday, May 9, 2013

Another Thrift Store find I plan to fix up . . .

I know that the focus of our blog is supposed to be on crafts and stuff we make, but I just had to post a picture of these two wonderful bamboo? wicker? cabinets I found today at Salvation Army Thrift Store. They have doors at the bottom that open up storage areas.  I think they are really neat, and they were priced real cheap.  I plan to spray paint them, because they need some sprucing up a bit, I think.  We were going to do them white, but decided that was a little boring. Diana wanted to paint them Flamingo Pink and fortunately changed her mind.  We are now thinking about spraying them a honey color.  That may be a difficult color to find in a spray paint can though -- I may have to buy a quart of acrylic latex and use the spray gun.  I don't know when I will get around to working on them, as I have quite a few other projects going, but I will post a pic of the finished pieces when I get them done. --Bob

1 comment:

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

Looking forward to seeing your new projects!

I'm going to guess they are wicker!